People are creatures of habit, when buying certain products they tend to remain loyal to brands or makers that served them well. With cellphones it is always a question if you’re team Apple or Android and people rarely switch between them. This article is aimed at those wanting to make the transition from Apple to Android or vice versa.
Things to note:
- What’s app has made an upgrade to transfer your chat history If you’re moving from an Android phone to an iPhone Chat History Migration
- You can transfer your whats app account information, profile photo, individual chats, group chats, chat history, media, and settings but you can’t transfer your call history or display name. Learn more here
- Apart from the whatsapp data, new phones come with the ability to smoothly move your data between different operating systems making the switch a lot easier than before. However, double check if ALL your media has migrated successfully before formatting your old phone.
- Apple phones don’t have SD card slots so make sure you factor that in your decision if you want to switch from Android.
- When in doubt, sync to the PC before switching items like music and media so that you would be in total control of how to proceed.
- Android apps work well on iPhones but it might be more effective to just switch to the Apple apps for a more seamless user experience.